Godaddy 40% Off

40% off your First Order with GoDaddy.com!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ping an IP through a specific port in cmd prompt or telnet

Well, sometimes we need to know whether the port in open or block, we need to do some checking or troubleshoot through ping/telnet. We cannot ping a IP with port but we can telnet certain IP together with Port no.

For example:
Go to open command prompt, if we want to check whether port 21 is working for IP 203.166.87.9 what we need to do is
> telnet 203.166.87.9 21

please tell me it's work. thanks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Works - what should happen if the port is open is it'll just open a telnet session to a blank screen. It should timeout if the port is not open.

anil said...

thanks for sharing this nice info with us.
it really work.

Click to support me

Click to support me
If you think my article helps, please click on below advertisement to suppoart me to write more. Thanks