Godaddy 40% Off

40% off your First Order with GoDaddy.com!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005 ...

I was trying to register a dll with command prompt in Vista but error message prompt ".. DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005 ...."



finally i found out that is because of security issue. To solve this,
Go to Start --> All Programs --> Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator

Then use regsvr32 to register the DLL.

It's work.

10 comments:

vishal said...

Good Work

Dmitry said...

Thanks, man!

Thomas said...

You ROCK, man! The simple thing that I always forget - administrator rights...

julia said...

thanks! :)

julia said...

Thanks! :)

somu said...

Thanks a lot.. worked super :-)

Rocxy Lemmon said...

Thanks!

smartnet pesona said...

wouw...very simple but nice work...
thanks

smartnet pesona said...

thank ("terima kasih" in Indonesian)

very nice tips...

Troym said...

That works for me to, but I am trying to compile some objects and cannot launch 'with admin rights' every build (I'd have to get my IT manager to help). How can I set my environment to ignore this elevated requirement? I have already been made a local admin and changed secpol local policies -> security -> Run all admins in approval mode = enable. Any help would be great

Troy

Click to support me

Click to support me
If you think my article helps, please click on below advertisement to suppoart me to write more. Thanks