Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

IE 7 hang when close the browser

My IE7 will hang most of the time when i try to close it if i open many tab or windows. End up, i need to hit Ctrl, Alt, delete to close it.

My machine spec:
  • XP pro SP3
  • Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz 791 MHz
  • 4GB RAM

It shouldn't hang with my machine spec.
Many article suggest that it's caused by the IE Add-ons. So, i try my luck to disable the Add-ons one by one.

Finally, i found that after i disable Skype Add-ons, my problem solved.
To Enable/Disable IE Add-ons,
  1. Open IE
  2. Click on Tools, click on Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons asd
  3. Manage Add-ons windows will be pop up.
  4. Select the add-ons you want to disable.
  5. Click OK to close the windows
  6. Close all the IE and start again.
Now my IE is working fine. Hope this solve your problem.
UPDATE: it solve my problem for only a day. Problem come back the next day.
The real action that solve my problem is uninstall google toolbar which is my last choice. Hope this solve your problem.
UPDATE: 10/12/2008. My problem confirm solved after uninstall google toolbar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help here, I'm so glad i found this post.. Skype Add-ons was the one for me.