Access denied to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxxx\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes.
This is occur when try to run
- a copied version of ASP.NET source code (copy ASP.NET source code from one development machine to another machine)
- Folder permission has been reset.
Aspnet_wp.exe process identity Or IUSR_(machinename) does not have permissions on one of the directories in the below file path:
- Web.config files
- Files in the Bin directory of an ASP.NET application
- Cache dependency files
Grant the required permissions on all of the directories in the ASP.NET process account (ASPNET) and IUSR_(machinename):
Before you start, Please make sure you have turn off Simple File Sharing if you are using windows xp.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the application folder or to the virtual directory that contains the content (for example, c:\inetpub\wwwroot\xx).
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Add.
- On the "Select Users or Groups" window, click on Advance
- Click on Find Now button, you will see List of users
- Select ASPNET and IUSR_(machinename) then click OK to close the"Select Users or Groups" window
- Allow the following permissions for the ASPNET and IUSR_(machinename) account:
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents