Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2007

<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31b...

Facing issue when my team member try to upload compiled source code from her development machine to new production server.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

</httphandlers>
<httpmodules>
<add type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" name="ScriptModule">
</httpmodules>
</SYSTEM.WEB>




I've facing this issue before here. Anyway, here is how the problem can be solved.
  1. Copy AjaxControlToolkit.dll and AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version 1.0.61025.0 from my development machine to my ASP.NET App bin folder. (i install my AjaxControlToolkit in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\AjaxControlToolkit)
  2. Copy System.Web.Extensions.dll (C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions) and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll (C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions.Design) from my development machine to my ASP.NET App bin folder.
Done.

4 comments:

Ivan B said...

Or you can just comment that section out. This is what I did to move it to the production server.

Anonymous said...

Perfect Solution.Thx

Anonymous said...

I encountered the same thing after I migrated a development server. I am not a developer, so really had no clue as what could be the problem. But then after reading your suggestion, and then found that I had missed the installation of the .NET AJAX Extension 1.0. Once that is installed, the website shown another problem, which I would need to manually start the "ASP.NET State Service" (manually stopped by default). Now, it's working again. Thank you for your sharing and wondering solution!

Syed said...

Copying System.Web.Extensions.dll and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll is enough, if you are not using any of the AjaxToolkit features.