Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

An error occurred with the POP3 mail server. Mail server mail.xxxx.com responded - Thunderbird 10

My email client Thunderbird 10 working 100% good before today but this morning when i try to retrieve emal from my mail server, i receive error message
"An error occurred with the POP3 mail server. Mail server mail.xxxx.com responded"





I'm very sure that my mail server working fine because i can download my email using my Sumsung Galaxy SII. There must be something wrong with my laptop.

Finally, i found out that the root cause come from the antivirus that i'm using. I'm using avast! antivirus free edition. There is a feature call Mail Shield which will scan inbound and outbound email. Once i disable this feature, it's working back to normal.

Hope this sharing helps.

No comments: