Do you have experience that after you have successfully published your application but the target folder is empty?
- Click "Publish Web Site", enter "Target Location", and click OK
- Site builds successfully
- files in destination directory are deleted
- IDE shows "publish succeeded"
- Go to check target directory, it's empty.
In my case, it caused by mispell an HTML tag. Fix the tag help to fix the published problems.
If this not work for you, try this alternative suggested by other developers.
Fix IIS mappings for ASP.NET, run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open text box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
In this path, version represents the version number of the .NET Framework that installed on server. Must replace this placeholder with the actual version number when type the command.